Sub: Grant of Ex-gratia to those pre-1986 Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) employees who retired otherwise than on superannuation after 20 years of service - regarding.
(a) those who were dismissed or removed from service,
(b) those who resigned from service, and;
(c) those who retired from service other than on attaining the prescribed age of superannuation.
OM No.45/52/97-P&PW(E), dated 22.03.2004:
Subject: Grant of Ex-gratia payment to CPF retirees.
OM No.45/52/97-P&PW(E), dated 16.12.1997
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare)
Third Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,Khan Market,
New Delhi 110003
Dated: 16th December, 1997
Grant of Ex-gratia payment in respect of CPF retirees and their family members.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OMs No.4/1/87-P&PW(PIC) dated 13th June, 1988 and No.5(1)/88-P&PW(E) dated 27th September, 1988 sanctioning/revising payments of ex-gratia w.e.f. 1.1.1986 or from the date following the date of death of the deceased employee, whichever is later in respect of widows and dependent children of the deceased CPF beneficiaries who had retired from service prior to 1.1.1986 and the widows and dependent children of the CPF beneficiaries who died while in service prior to 1.1.1986 and the Central Government employee who had retired on Contributory Provident Fund benefits prior to 18th November, 1960, having rendered at least 20 years of continuous service prior to their superannuation drawing pay upto Rs.500 p.m., at the following rates:
|The president is now pleased to decide that the ex-gratia payment sanctioned as above shall be consolidated w.e.f. 1.11.1997 by taking into account the basic ex-gratia plus dearness relief as on 1.1.1997 plus Interim Reliefs I, II and III. The existing amount of ex-gratia, the revised amount of ex-gratia w.e.f. 1.11.1997 and the rates of dearness relief w.e.f. 1.11.1997 would be as under:|
Dearness Relief as may be notified from time to time in future shall also be admissible to them.
The recipients of ex-gratia payment who are employed/re-employed under the Central or a State Government or under a body corporate/autonomous organisation belonging to the Central or State Government were aligible only for pre consolidated basic ex-gratia and were not eligible for increase in dearness relief on ex-gratia payment allowed from time to time in the past during the period of their employment/re- employment. With this consolidation, such CPF retirees/family members of the deceased CPF retirees will be eligible for ex-gratia payment as indicated in column 2 of para 2 above w.e.f. 1.11.1997 during the course of their employment/re-employment. These persons will not be entitled to dearness relief indicated in column 3 above and which may be sanctioned in future so long as they remain employed/re-employed.
The CPF beneficiaries/family members who are already in receipt of ex-gratia payment will get dearness relief on the pre consolidated amount of ex-gratia at old rate w.e.f. 1.7.1997 to 31.10.1997, i.e. at the rate or 182%. Their dearness relief will be Rs.273, 306, 310, 339 and 516 respectively from 1.7.1997 to 31.10.1997.
Based on the recommendations of the Fifth Central Pay Commission, the President is pleased to decide to grant ex-gratia payment to the CPF beneficiaries who retired between the period 18th November, 1960 to 31st December, 1985 at the rate of Rs.600/-p.m. w.e.f. 1st November, 1997, subject to the condition that such persons should have rendered at least 20 years of continuous service prior to their superannuation for becoming eligible to the ex-gratia payment. They will also be entitled to dearness relief as may be notified from time to time in future. They will also be entitled to dearness relief @ 5% w.e.f. 1.11.1997 as admissible to existing ex-gratia beneficiaries.
As laid down in the Ministry of Finance O.M. dated 28.11.1969, the ex-gratia payment is not admissible to (a) those who were dismissed/removed from service and (b) those who resigned from service.
Arrears of ex-gratia payment will be payable w.e.f. 1.11.1997. Life-time arrears of ex-gratia payment will also be admissible in respect of CPF beneficiaries who were alive on 1.11.1997 and died subsequent to that date, for the period from 1.11.1997 to the date of death.
The periodical certificates such as life certificate, non- employemnt certificate etc. prescribed for drawal of pension will also be required to be produced by the receipient of the ex-gratia payment to the appropriate disbursing authorities.
These orders apply to all civilian Central Government employees including civilians paid from Defence Service Estimates but will not apply to Railway Employees. Separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) for the railway employees.
All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
Form of intimation by the Ex-Gratia Payment Disbursing Authority to the Central Pension Accounting Office/Pay and Accounts Office regarding consolidation of Ex-Gratia Payment in terms of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare Office Memorandum No.45/52/97-P&PW(E) dated 16.12.1997.
SIGNATURE OF EX-GRATIA
PAYMENT DISBURSING AUTHORITY
1. Central Pension Accounting Office, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, Trikoot-II, Bikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066.
2. Concerned Pay & Accounts Office
GOVERNEMNT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
No.F(E)/III/97/PNI/Ex.Gr/5 New Delhi, Dt.27.1.1998
|The GMs/OSDs/CAOs etc.|
All Indian Railways & Production Units
(As per Mailing List)
Subject:Grant of ex-gratia payment to surviving SRPF(C) retirees of the period 1.4.57 to 31.12.85.
Based on the recommendations of the Vth Central Pay Commission, the President is pleased to grant ex-gratia payment to the SRPF (C) beneficiaries who retired between the period Ist April, 1957 to 31st December, 1985 at the rate of Rs.600/- p.m. w.e.f. Ist November, 1997, subject to the condition that such persons should have rendered at least 20 years of continuous service prior to their superannuation for becoming eligible to the ex-gratia payment. They will also be entitled to Dearness Relief at the rate of 5% w.e.f. 1.11.1997.
2. The ex-gratia payment is not admissible to (a) those who were dismissed/removed from service and (b) those who resigned from service.
3. Arrears of ex-gratia payment will be payable w.e.f. 1.11.1997. Lifetime arrears of ex-gratia payment will also be admissible in respect of SRPF(C) beneficiaries who were alive on 1.11.1997 and died subsequent to that date for the period from 1.11.1997 to the date of death.
4. The periodical certificates such as life certificate, non-employment certificate etc. prescribed for drawal of pension will also be required to be produced by the recipient of the ex-gratia payment to the appropriate disbursing authorities.
5. The following steps may be taken to give wide publicity to these orders so that retired SRPF(C) beneficiaries concerned may submit their applications for ex-gratia payment at the earliest:-
6. The appropriate authorities to whom the applications for such payment should be submitted should be specified. In no case the application for ex-gratia payment will be processed by an office other than from where the concerned SRPF(C) beneficiary had retired. The appropriate authorities from where beneficiaries would collect the application form should also be specified in the notices.
7. The following procedure is prescribed for giving effect to these orders:-
8. The expenditure on account of grant of ex-gratia payment shall be debitable to a new "Detailed Head 692 under Sub Head 690 under Minor Head 600-Abstract ‘L’-Demand No.13".
9. Please acknowledge receipt.
10. Hindi version follows.
|Encl./Form of Application |
Dy. Director Finance (Estt.)III,
(To be furnished in quadruplicate)
|FORM OF APPLICATION|
I hereby apply for grant of ex-gratia payment to me in terms of Ministry of Railways O.M.No.F(E)III/97/PNI/Ex.Gr./5 dated 27.1.98.
Requisite particulars are given below:-
Signature of applicant
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]